Take your POWER back.
Age, income, skin color, breast size, gender identitiy and physical capability do not matter.
You CAN breastfeed! And we are here to HELP.
Breastfeeding Benefits for Mom
Breastfeeding can reduce risks for:
- breast cancer
- ovarian cancer
- Type 2 diabetes
Women who breastfed were:
- 14% less likely to develop heart disease
- 12% less likely to have strokes
- 7% less likely to die from cardiovascular disease
Breastfeeding Benefits for Baby
Infants who are breastfed have reduced risks of:
- Type 1 diabetes
- Severe lower respiratory disease
- Ear infections
- Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
- Gastrointestinal infections (diarrhea/vomiting)
- Necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC) for preterm infants